I hope this note finds you and your families doing well. September is a time of hope for the LinksWay Foundation as we outline our plans for 2019. Please consider helping out these very exciting initiatives with your generosity and kindness. The following is a description of what we have been doing and what we have planned.
OBJECTIVE: It is the objective of LinksWay Foundation to add value to local initiatives to reduce hunger and improve education for their children. During the past several years we have focused our efforts in rural Swaziland, Africa. We have helped build a water system for a primary school, we have paid school fees and supplies for several students, we have built a library at a primary school, we have served hundreds of meals in the community of Ekuthulini, and we have supplied clothing for many children. With your generous support we have completed the building and we are now focused on expanding the services provided for the children. Our goals for 2019 are very aggressive.
2019 LinksWay Goals:
- Create a water system with borehole, pump and distribution system.
- Build a community garden.
- Establish a school uniform repair and trade program.
- Pay school fees for 4 students.
- Supply girls’ personal hygiene products. (Many girls drop out of school because they face embarrassing situations and want to stay home)
- Build a children’s playground.
- Institute a micro-finance program to help struggling families become more self-sufficient. Individuals or groups submit modest plans to create income producing projects along with an interest free pay back plan.
- Build a community library with a reading program for both children and adults.
All of these initiatives are the hopes and dreams of the community leaders. It is not our intent to import western values and solutions to local issues. It is our intent to work as a support team to local efforts. Two very important aspects of our program are that 100% of all donated funds go directly to the community projects. No overhead or travel dollars are pulled out. All overhead is personally funded by myself and family. The other very important piece is that all participating families must support our efforts through community service. Everyone chips in.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
We are currently soliciting funds for the 2019 objectives. Please consider helping us with a donation. You can designate your donation be made directly for one of the initiatives or it can be made to the overall project. Any amount would be greatly appreciated. Checks can be made out to the following address. You are also welcome to use PayPal. ( Let me know if you want to use PayPal and I will get back to you with the info.)
Thank you very much. Your support will make a huge difference in the lives of many.
“Try to be the rainbow in someone’s life.”
P.O. Box 452
Wahpeton, North Dakota 58074
501 c (3) EIN 82-1793067